Monday, May 30, 2011

Sleeves and Lamps...

This week has been a busy one!! Made a nook sleeve, set up my old/ new lamp, made a grad cake for my husbands little brother, and a couple other little projects.
First I want to show off the nook cover ! My good friend I made the charlie bag for last post , for graduation, from her family, got a nook !! She asked me if id do her a favor and make her some sort of cover for it. For some reason I was thinking crochet :) I then remembered I had recently made a laptop cover for myself! all I had to to was shrink the dimensions. The picture above is of what i used, and the ones below are of the finished sleeve, some with the nook in it. She loved it and I hope she will get years of enjoyment from it :)
Secondly this week I took some pics of my "new" lamp I brought home from California. When I was younger my grandmother moved back home to Denmark. When she did she left me a few things, a roll top desk, a chair to go with it, and a lamp. I have had the desk and chair for years but had forgotten about the lamp. My other grandmother passed last month and it was given to me then. Since I have moved towards the romantic decor I was lucky it goes along with everything :)
They are two lamps but on one mount. they have hurricane glass and a decorative gold cover. they put off a perfect amount of light for the living room. they are in front of a sliding glass window and I love the way the light hits them in the afternoon. Their just happens to be a chair in front of them that works out (The chair is broken). The above picture has the newest copy of Romantic Homes on it which I love!!
Our mama cat decided this was a good spot to get away from the kittens. She thought it was quite comfy she also enjoys Romantic Homes. I also took a night shot so you could see the lamps on and as you can see they are beautiful.
Next week I hope to have a project on an outfit for my little girls doll Doria, and to have my inherited Piano and sewing desk in the house. Until then live Romantically.........
-MJ

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE my Nook cover! It has been awesome to keep my Nook safe from anything.....and let me tell you, I take it EVERYWHERE with me! :) Ya never know when you may have a few extra minutes in the day to sneak in a few chapters. :) Thanks again. I love it to pieces!

    ReplyDelete