Friday, July 8, 2011

A pillow , a doll , and a desk.


Just below are a few things I have been working on. I have been seeing the cutest pillows and me being me I decided to try and make one rather than spend $$$ on one :) I came up with a small rectangle pillow with a floral pattern in the center and a ruffled green around it with lace around all edges and satin peach on the back. The ruffles were a lot of work but totally worth it!! Its new home is now in the office by the window. I hope to make a few more now that I know how.
Another project I finished up was an outfit for my daughters doll Doria. It was a little confusing considering Doria has a huge head!!! She only came with pj's and I thought she needed some day clothes. I hope to make her an outfit that matches one i made for my daughter !


Lastly I would like to share my Beautiful sewing desk it is a 1970 Singer Golden touch and sew Deluxe zig-zag sewing machine. My amazing grandmother passed away this year and I was so lucky to inherit her sewing machine. My grandfather purchased it for her brand new and she has made many things with it; now i have it to make many more things with. I love this sewing machine , I am so honored to have it in my home. I now hope to post lots of things made with it.
The kittens also love the desk it is a wonderful afternoon napping spot :)
Things have been crazy in life and i have not had much time to craft... In another week or so I should be up and crafting again, as well as making my home romantic......
.......... until then live romantically........ MJ

1 comment:

  1. Doria's outfit is super cute Mj! I cannot wait to see what other outfits you make her! :)

    Such a wonderful gift to have something passed down to you from a Grandparent. Treasure it forever. She would be proud! :)

    Looking forward to seeing your new creations! :)

    xoxox,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete