Thursday, October 13, 2016

Endo/Adneo


For the past 7 years or so I have been fighting endometriosis . I went a few years not knowing what it was at all. I have always had long heavy menstrual cycles and never thought anything of it. Then the pain got worse. It was all the time and nothing I was doing would help. I had an exploratory laparoscopy in 2012 and we decided to hold off on any further steps as I wanted another child.
So in 2014 I had my IUD removed and we were soon Expecting our third child. Pregnancy was not easy as I was feeling pains I didn't with my other two pregnancies. My Ligaments were too loose and it was painful to walk most of the time. The Last few months I didn't work and couldn't really do much.
I really Wanted to go into labor naturally but I was getting too big and the doc wanted to induce me. Long story short I had to have an emergency cesarean section. It was so scary and yet one of the most amazing things i have ever experienced. With our little lanee the first moments up to an hour we had to hold her against our skin and it was exactly what i needed after the shock of and emergency c-section. I was afraid to go home after. I think I stayed 5 days.
One of the reasons we decided we were ready for another child was that I was just so done with all the endo pain. After I had her things were as normal as they could be after having a baby. I had another IUD put in till we could figure out what my next steps would be to eliminate endo symptoms.  A couple months went by and I was still bleeding. I went back to my doctor and he acted like it was nothing. I was fed up.
 I went to another gynecologist. She listened to everything I had to say. As the months went on we tried different things to stop the bleeding and nothing was helping. A different IUD, Hormones, Birth control, Nothing would stop it. Her Last options were to either try and push me into menopause hormonally (which is not a great idea as i'm already at high risk for breast, ovarian and uterine cancers) Or she could refer me to another doctor in her practice for a Hysterectomy. She is thinking that the endometriosis has advanced to Adenomyosis which explains all the other symptoms and the constant bleeding.
In less than two weeks I will be having the procedure. I am glad to not have to deal with the pain and bleeding anymore, and it will reduce my chances of cancer. Although there is a part of me that is heart broken to know I can no longer carry a child. Yes that is selfish, but i'm not perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment