Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Luau: lanterns

As promised here is a tutorial on luau decor !! 
Things you will need : 
- colored paper
-tape
-stapler
- scissors
- baby food jar with wire wrapped around it .
- children to do the cutting ( not pictured)

I'm a hair dresser you would think I love cutting ... Not so much . So I folded a colored piece of 8.5 x 11 paper and cut 5   3-4 in slits. With another color I had the kiddos cut petal shaped pieces to make flowers . 
I then stapled the top and bottom together with the jar inside. I used a small piece of tape to keep the wire in place so the jar would be right in the middle of the lantern . 
I attached the flowers and ta-daaa!!!

I will have flame less candles to put in them and they will be on our mulberry tree !! I promise I will take pics Sunday!! Hope you like!! 
-Mj



No comments:

Post a Comment