Thursday, June 5, 2014

30 Days of 30: Day 15

Parents

 Everyone comes from different kinds of families. My parents were divorced when I was young and re married soon after. I grew up with 4 parents. Although times could be hard, I wouldn't change it for the world. I have learned so much from each of my parents. Its funny when you think back about what we take from our parents. Especially when they come out of my own mouth talking to my own children. 

 Both of my dads are mechanics and have showed me how to stand up for my self and not let anyone walk all over me. they also taught me to respect myself and others around me. As well as how to listen to any strange noises coming from my car.

 My Mom and Step Mom both taught me to be a fighter, a mother, a friend, and a strong woman.
Both of them battled breast cancer although one lost the battle she still taught me to never give up and to look for the good in bad situations. They taught me how to love and care for other people and how to listen. I hope I can be the same for my own children.



 
 
 I was never one of those kids who hated their parents. I am human though and sometimes disagreed. I always knew that it was for my own good.
 I thank god every day for them and hope you do too for your own parents. Even if they are not blood related.

Mj

No comments:

Post a Comment