Tuesday, June 24, 2014

30 Days of 30: Day 16

Today's post is a fun one. Things I wish I knew at 16. When your a teenager you think you know it all. I was not a rebellious child but I did get in some trouble. I did learn a lot from my parents though.

   All I wanted to do at 16 was drive. I was the oldest in my house and my mom was just not ready for me to do that. We argued about it for a long time and I didn't start driving till I was 17. Now thinking about it I wish I didn't have to drive at all. I'm always trying to get my husband to drive!

  My dad always told me not to spend my money. To save, save, save! I think I was better at it when I didn't drive because I didn't have to buy gas or have places to go to spend it! To this day I have trouble saving money.  I am hoping my kids will pickup on saving. they both have piggy banks that they are adding to and saving money in for something special. saving money is definitely one thing I wish had stuck with me from childhood.

When I was a sophomore I really wanted to be in the musical. I argued with my self for a long time and finally decided not to audition. it was every other year so I could always audition in senior year. I really wish I had. I have always been shy and quiet, and afraid of public speaking. I think if I had done the show it might have given me more confidence.

All in all I think I turned out OK. I do really wish I could have know long term what these things would have done for me. Although I might not be the person I am today. Live and learn I guess...

Mj

No comments:

Post a Comment