Sunday, February 15, 2015

30 of 30: Day 22

Crochet - 
   We moved to Arizona when I was 10 and that same year I met a sweet lady who taught me crochet. I caught on fairly quickly and have never stopped. I made baby blankets for friends moms and hair scrunchies for me and my friends. (Yes it was the 90's) it's always felt awesome to make sonething with your hands and give it to someone. 
  20 years later I'm still crocheting. Still making baby blankets and gifts for friends and family. It has become a tradition now for me to crochet my brother sonething crazy for Christmas, once a doll from the movie 9 ( I loved it so much I wanted to keep it) and another year sushi!! One year for Christmas everyone got slippers. The following year we went to my family's house up north for my sons birthday and everyone that came I made a beanie for in 2 days (9 total) . 
   I absoutly love crochet and now I sell some of my creations! Although a lot of the time it's hard to part with some stuff! It's just too cute!! 

-Mj 

No comments:

Post a Comment