Monday, February 9, 2015

30 of 30: Day 23

Sewing- 
  In the years I have spent sewing I have had 5 (6 if you include my baby serger) sewing machines. 4 of them I still have now. My first as I have mentioned was from my grandma. I really learned how to use a sewing maching in jr high. I took sewing 1 and 2 . I made a boxing glove that I held in to for years but it must have gotten lost in a move. I also made a dress with a little jacket and I was so proud. And lots of scrunchies!!
   On my own I have made many pj pants ( hubby loves them) , blankets, costumes, pillows, curtains, purses, charli bags, and other various projects. Now it seems I mostly fix holy clothes and shorten pants!! 
   For Christmas this year I hope to make matching dresses for my little girls and maybe a bow tie or pocket square to match for my son. First though is Halloween !! This year we will have a pirate ( Emee, well if it doesn't change again)  and Mario & luigi!!! (Hubby and son) 
   I am grateful to know that I can make my own clothing or curtains if need be. And I can fix my  children's favorite pants!! The only thing I don't like about sewing is all the cutting!! Who woulda thought, coming from a hairdresser !! 
-Mj 

No comments:

Post a Comment