Sunday, April 1, 2012

4 Ideas for things to do with scraps: Paper

Paper: I have tons of paper scraps all colors ,patterns, sizes, and leftover shapes :) My best friend lives in Washington and i live in Arizona , I saw this as a great opportunity to make her a card!! i love making things and giving them like cards, it means just a little bit more :)
What i used: old Trader Joe's bag, paper scraps, a blank envelope, double sided tape, stickers, scissors , marker, and i used tape to seal the back before mailing .

Step 1. Cut the Trader Joe's bag so it will fit in the envelope. you want to cut it just a little smaller than the envelope so it will fit nicely.
Step 2. Have fun with you papers. this is a green sheet and a collage sheet that just fit together well.

Here is a better view. She is so cute :)
Step 3. play with stickers and other scraps. I happened to have a scrap of the TJ's bag that had a shoe on it and a sticker that said dance. Sometimes I think its fate!
Step 4. The inside. I usually put a blank piece of card stock on the inside to help make the card a little more stronger that way it can stand up. i also try to continue the theme inside so the whole card comes together.
Here is the card finished!
Another thing i like to do is add to the envelope so it goes with the card. this was some more scraps I put on the back to tie it all together.
Closer view.
I love making cards. They can be a quick gift from the heart or invites to a party. I still enjoy receiving cards in the mail. It makes you think... someone stopped and wrote me. I feel special.
Hope you liked this. The last idea in this series is felt. Its a fun one !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment